Monday, 4 November 2013
Stalled Motivation
I've been plugging ahead with my fitness journey but find myself feeling not very motivated. I am incredibly frustrated with the interference from my husband of late. His snide comments, and the rolled eyes I keep getting when I want to do any of my activities. I'm prepping for a belly dance show in less than two weeks, I'm performing two different routines. One for a beginner class, another for an intermediate/advanced class. I haven't been able to practice a whole lot because he's taken up the area I generally practice in with his hobby; n-scale model trains.
Part of the reasoning behind this is the place where we're living. About 3 months ago the roof started leaking like a freaking sieve, and while we've been looking to move, nothing suitable has really come up with in our price range. I suspect I'm actually more frustrated with that than him, but it still ticks me off that I am even having to have these conversations with him.
You'd think that if your wife or significant other wanted to work on themselves, or even want to have a life outside of the one that they have with you, it would only benefit your relationship in other ways. Namely since the partner would be happy and fulfilled.
I'm not entirely sure how to handle this, but I'm going to keep looking for another place. I think that would sort out a lot of the issue.
Written over 7 months ago - update, we moved to a different place, and I have my own exercise room, and he has a garage. Both of us are happy campers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment