Monday, 4 November 2013

Forced Downtime - 3 years ago

Ever since deciding to go back to school full-time I've been working a few jobs, and now that I've expended every possible bit of energy I've had my body has decided to mutiny. I've been forced to take a couple days off from work, as I've been coughing (among other things) so badly that there are periods when I cannot breathe.

Thankfully for me (although not for him) my sweet husband has been off work this week, and has been a gem in pampering me. Sometimes I'd prefer that he just leave me to die in peace (a bit dramatic you might think, but if you heard the coughing - you might just agree with me that I've caught the bubonic plague).

At any rate, it's forced me into some downtime, and while my body may be sick - my mind is still working out ways to organize, and gain more effectiveness in the tasks I do on a regular basis.

For instance this morning, I found myself looking for further organizational tips with respect to back-to-school for my children, and am quite happy with a couple of tips that I hadn't yet thought of myself. More specifically, having a clip on the fridge where papers that require signature can go --- already have the clip there, just haven't been using it for that!

I've also been creating a schedule which includes meals for the week, appointments, and so forth.

I've always had a workable schedule in my head, and never run late for this reason. Now though there is to be more on my plate than usual, I figure now might be the time to get an idea together as to what this looks like on paper (or a huge calendar that you can write on )

Now that I've got this thought under control, maybe I can drink my neocitran in peace, pump myself full of vitamins and get some sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment