Monday, 4 November 2013

Nanotech Systems - Semester II - from 2 years ago

Semester II is in full swing. I've been given my course load and find that I'm working on things like PCR primer creation (via computer, then in practical lab) in microbiology, statics, calculus, clean room procedures, materials science, microelectronics and organic chemistry.

I write my first exam for Calculus at the end of the month, and have already handed in five assignments for various courses. This spells the end of week one, and the beginning of the next.

Calculus seems to be interesting, I took a smattering of it before but never finished the course. Seems largely based on algebra (YAY - math I can actually do), and statics is on trigonometry (YAY - more math I can actually do!)

With this in mind, I need to keep on the right track for success.

In order to be successful, I need to have the right frame of mind, and to be willing to sacrifice fun things for my schoolwork, and to make it a priority.

I need discipline, assigning regular study and homework times, practicing good study habits, and minimizing procrastination.

Organization is crucial as well, capturing important dates in my daytimer, making a daily to-do list, and keeping my binders/notebooks/lab books up to date, legible, and neatly organized for ease of reference.

Distractions, by analyzing the things that hampered me last semester, I can avoid the same types of distractions. Time spent online is definitely not constructive if it's spent blogging (ha ha) or frittering away time by planting things in Farmville. Yes, I said it. I play Farmville. Live with it. One thing I can do to avoid this particular type of distraction is to avoid being online at all, thankfully I have large cycles of time during my week in which I can spend at the library away from my addiction muahahaha.

Focus, do I find myself day dreaming and wandering off into an unused corner of my mind during a riveting math lecture. I'd be a liar if I said NO. LMBO! Still though, I am able to recognize these weaknesses and catch myself and modify my behaviour accordingly. Note to self: Afternoon classes require coffee, and foods that provide energy.

If you've read through this thus far, sorry....this was more for me, than you. However, I'd like to point out I've just stolen 3 minutes of your life that you'll never get back. *snickers* SUCKA!

No comments:

Post a Comment