I cannot stress the importance of just getting up and moving. One of the biggest things I've noticed on my journey to enhance my fitness, is to not over think it. Just get up and start moving.
I'm very much the type of person who likes tracking things. I like knowing how many km's I've walked. I like knowing how many calories that sort of thing. I wrote earlier about stalled motivation, but have found that I'm using this sort of thing to help motivate me to do more.
I don't keep track of the time at work, but I do track things like doing the stairs. I have a choice to take the elevator (and sometimes I do), but since starting my job back in July of last year I have taken the stairs way more than I've taken the elevators. I have noticed a huge reduction in cellulite, I have noticed a reduction in the hip and thigh area in particular.
I found a site called Stairway to Health, which is put out by the Federal Government (if memory serves) and it gives a caloric value for taking the stairs. I do several sets of stairs per day, sometimes up to 500 or more stairs daily. This is because I work in two different buildings. I burn a whopping 26 calories doing this alone (2 mins up - 85 stairs) and 13 cals for (1 min up - 53 stairs) now these values are extremely small.
However, I track them via Lose It.... and over the course of the several months I've been there, I have burned enough calories to have lost 2lbs. My cardiovascular fitness has improved dramatically, as has my leg strength. This goes to prove that doing what you can, when you can has the power to propel you into doing bigger and better things.
I've been thinking about doing couch to 5K. I mean I already walk 5 km, and I know I can run 25 mins straight on a treadmill, so I don't think I'd fare too badly doing a 5K run.
I found a site called Stairway to Health, which is put out by the Federal Government (if memory serves) and it gives a caloric value for taking the stairs. I do several sets of stairs per day, sometimes up to 500 or more stairs daily. This is because I work in two different buildings. I burn a whopping 26 calories doing this alone (2 mins up - 85 stairs) and 13 cals for (1 min up - 53 stairs) now these values are extremely small.
However, I track them via Lose It.... and over the course of the several months I've been there, I have burned enough calories to have lost 2lbs. My cardiovascular fitness has improved dramatically, as has my leg strength. This goes to prove that doing what you can, when you can has the power to propel you into doing bigger and better things.
I've been thinking about doing couch to 5K. I mean I already walk 5 km, and I know I can run 25 mins straight on a treadmill, so I don't think I'd fare too badly doing a 5K run.
I'm going to go see what's out there.... maybe I can find a worthy cause and raise some funds while I'm at it too.
Written 6 months ago on another site, transferring to e-blogger
No comments:
Post a Comment